This cookie came about when I didn't have many ingredients on hand but really needed a treat. So... I came up with this simple, chocolatey (oat flour) cookie. These are allergy friendly making them great for anyone. They are plant based and FREE of oils, nuts, and gluten. Watch my youtube video making these cookies by clicking here.
Scroll to the end for my ingredient brands I used/recommend
Makes 12 cookies
1 cup oat flour*
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder (aluminum free)
2/3 cup granular sweetener*
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup plant milk of choice*
1/2 tsp vanilla extract or 1/4 tsp vanilla bean powder
optional 1/8 tsp peppermint extract (I love the minty flavor)
"optional" mini chocolate chips stirred in batter
optional chopped nuts
-I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk but boxed
coconut milk or cashew milk would also work well.
-You can make your own oat flour just by using a
blender to grind up oats into a fine flour.
-I use coconut sugar and have also used a
sugar-free blend (monk fruit) but it does
change the texture of the cookie.
1) Start by preheating oven to 350
2) Adding in all the dry ingredients first and whisk together well.
3) Then add all your wet and stir to combine. Just be aware that oat flour can become sticky but just use a silicone spatula to help manage. The mixture should resemble a very thick brownie batter. Add 2 tablespoons more of milk at a time if it's too dry.
4) Scoop large tablespoon sized dollops onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet or silicone mat.
5) Bake at 350 for 10 min. Let cool 5-8 minutes... if you can wait, before moving off tray.
Decorate! Melt your favorite chocolate bar and drizzle on top. Or place a walnut in the center of each cooking 5 min. into baking.
Would you share this recipe link with one friend?
I appreciate your support & loving encouragement! Links below the products I used for this recipe.
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL YET?
Fashion Faith Food is apart of the Amazon Associate Program.
Which means I have the opportunity to earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Purchasing through my links has NO effect on the price of products