These donuts have been enjoyed by my family and friends all Autumn long. They are made with simple plant based ingredients that create a delicious taste and texture. I have naturally sweetened them medjool dates and kept the ingredients list very simple. I hope you enjoy these as much as we have, this recipe may be healthy but it still feels like such treat. This year I plan on making them for Thanksgiving morning served with a hot cup of coffee, tea, or hot coco.
Spiced Donuts Recipe:
- 1 +1/2 cup soaked dates
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or plant based option)
- 1/4 pumpkin pureé
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp each pumpkin pie spice & cinnamon
- 1 TBL apple cider vinegar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp each baking soda & baking powder
- 1+1/3 cup spelt flour (oat flour might work but will be dense)
1. Cover medjool dates with hot water and soak for a minimum of 30 min (or more if you are using very dry dates). They should be well hydrated when you’re ready to use them. Drain water and add the soaked dates to a blender or food processor and mix until creamy.
2. Combine blended dates with the rest of your wet ingredients (milk, pumpkin, vanilla, ACV)
3. Next add in your dry ingredients (flour, salt, spices, baking soda and powder) to the same bowl. Batter should be thick.
4. Spoon into greased donut tin and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 min.
5. Let cool for at least 5-10 min before removing from tin. For best results let your donuts completely cool before "icing".
I highly recommend coating them with maple butter (can be found HERE) which is simply whipped maple syrup (what I have pictured) but you could also use your favorite icing or a chocolate glaze.
If you enjoy this recipe please share with someone you think would enjoy them too!
Hope you're having a happy holiday season thus far xoxo
Love your Faithful Friend, Charlotte Faith.
Check out my video of these donuts on my instagram @iamcharlottefaith
As an amazon affiliat member If you shop through my links provided
I have the chance to make a small commision from a sale!
It helps support me and my blog <3